Thursday 19 June 2014

All clear

To expand on what most of you would have read - yes, I got the all clear today. After three and a half years of tedious bullshit, I was given the moment I've been building up to since I was diagnosed. No more leukaemia. No more medication. It is over.

I feel pretty great, if not a bit cautious of how surreal the situation is. I've not technically had cancer for quite some time. Nearly three years, probably. But then when a doctor gives you the official verdict like he did today, then it makes it all the more legit. And this has always been a journey that felt nearly infinite in its length of time, so it never felt like being complete until the whole thing was done.

Anyway, I'm having a drink tonight because I feel like I could do with one. Thank you all for your messages of support over the years, your collective presence, and for hoping that I got better. I'm not really into superstitious stuff, but I genuinely believe that it made a difference.

Big love, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment