Thursday 2 September 2010

imaaaaaaginaaatiiioon

hey kids! sorry i haven't updated for a while, i've been away and working and having heartburn and all sorts of bloody reasons. accept my apologies, and also forgive me for breaking your hearts further and leaving you with a relatively short entry this evening. i've had such a long week thus far i just don't have the heart to channel all my thoughts into one entry! so tonight i'm going to briefly talk about one thing that means a lot to me.

imagination.

imagination is great. and let me tell you why. my current job involves talking to people. lots. i ring people up, explain educational programmes and talk about their children's progress at school. it's very interesting, but it's often quite monotonous and as a result i don't get much thinking time. however, today i was given the task of cleaning out the office's meeting room, as simply put it looked like a torpedo had gone on a mass raping spree in there with a particular fetish for disused cardboard.

anyway, simply put, whenever i undertake a task on my own, my imagination runs wild, and today's events made me grateful for it. i attribute my vivid imagination to my childhood i suppose. time spent playing videogames, reading books, watching football and dreaming of being better things means that even as a full grown adult my mind can take me to awesome places. i have lists of characters, adventures and weird and wonderful places that i love revisiting, and it makes me so damn happy. to anyone who doesn't have at least a tiny bit of imagination, do try and rectify this. it's incredible.

also, any excuse to post this.



next time expect a bit of a reading review. it was amazing, but a few hiccups along the way. i feel this picture perfectly encapsulates my experience.


until next time. love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment