Saturday 29 January 2011

All The Small Things

Cast your mind back to the first post I made when I revealed the extent of my illness. Well, I said I would be giving a brutally honest account of how I'd be coping with my treatment, so I dare not cheat you out of any details. Basically, I had an enema today. And even though it made me feel about 8000000 million times better than before, it was the most horrifying experience of my life. And that's where I'm gonna be leaving that.

Moving on.

Today I've been thinking about routine, and how important it can be for a place like this. These last few days I've really been suffering from feelings of boredom, pain and isolationism, and through that any sense of routine that I was holding on to was haphazardly discarded out of the nearest window. Today I feel like I've turned a corner of sorts, as life simply takes a new twist in hospital as opposed to just being put on hold. Yet the one thing I'm struggling on is what kind of routine to adhere to. TV hours? Xbox sessions? Strenuous exercise routines? I've got to be honest, being confined in a space so small has left me short on ideas as to what to do with my day, so I thought WHY NOT ASK YOU LOVELY PEOPLE? If you've got the capabilities to comment in the box below then do so! I'd love some suggestions. Some facts about me that might help: I like the colour green. Craft work amuses me. Keep it clean, people.

Short and sweet today you might think. I'll be sure to get an update to you early next week, focusing a bit more on how the treatment itself is going. Chemo affects your mood in so many different ways it can be tricky to keep a close tab on the exact extremities that your body goes through. What's important to remember though is that this blog is not only a great way to reach out to others, but to act as a way for me to fully come to terms with my treatment, so I'll be sure to keep you all informed on all the weird and wonderful side effects that I'm going through!

Big love!

Ryan.

8 comments:

  1. Play this - http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

    Surf these
    http://www.lamebook.com/
    http://www.postsecret.com/
    http://www.newser.com/
    http://www.catswearinghats.com/
    http://www.truelad.com/

    Watch these - http://adventureti.me/

    Learn Origami - YOU CAN MAKE A DINOSAUR http://dev.origami.com/diagram.cfm

    Make Beats - so easy and jamming with headphones - http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix

    I'll post more when I think of them :)

    Stay safe bro
    Samuel David Golden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan

    How about a good old fashioned jigsaw you could get a West Ham one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya! I sent Alice a note for you with her birthday card which she is going to drop off for you when she gets her butt into gear. It should hopefully help with your feelings of boredom. Weird how I sent it before you posted your last blog though. Take care. Erika :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a few things that amuse me;

    www.sporcle.com

    rfoisback.tk -I've made you a Mod if you get bored.

    Learn coding.

    Learn knitting and knit yourself a Westham scarf [mother Woj did this with a Mansfield scarf when she was laid up- it was quite amusing]

    Glad to hear it's going ok Ryan, much love.

    jWoj x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ryan here are some lovely internet joys for you:

    - http://whitepeoplerappingpoorly.tumblr.com/archive

    - boingboing.net

    - the gypsy wedding show on 4OD (caution - may make you lose all faith in humanity but also has a good chance of you suddenly feeling elated that leukemia, yes leukemia, is preferable to being married to one of those harpies)

    ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some stellar suggestions here people.

    Sam - used to love doing origami at school but kinda lost interest when it became all crazy and multi mad skilled. Seeing as I've got time to burn now I'll try and become the ultimate master. I'll make you all rad dinosaurs.

    Lynda - jigsaws are also a good shout. I once saw an intricate lego based jigsaw puzzle with 1000 pieces and it turned my world upside down.

    Erika - thanks for that. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Alice in the next few days. :)

    Joey - Long life rfo. It was never going to die! And I've always wanted another West Ham scarf since losing my precious one when I was five. I truly am the crap knitter though. :(

    Ruby - Internet wonders are always amazing (I suggest you all take notice of Sam's Robot Unicorn Attck Game, a truly winner's game). Not so keen on the gypsy wedding thing though. It's just far too gone I think. Like GYPSIES. GETTING MARRIED. AND THEY'RE RACIST A BIT. AND THEY STEAL STUFF. BUT THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED YAY. Just don't see it.

    Thanks for all the suggestions though, Imma try real hard for a new update tonight. More chemo today though. :(

    Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting by numbers? Totally entertaining...

    Well I like it :)
    Enjoy, Elly (tomcoppen is the boyfriends account) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like you to proof read my essays as you clearly got the writing genes in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete