Monday 28 February 2011

Vulnerable.

A devastatingly poor weekend has just passed me by. Being admitted to hospital on Saturday for having an infection and not being discharged until today was lame, putting it lightly. Stoke Mandeville Hospital is an actual madhouse. The nurses are mental, the doctors are mental, EVERYONE IS MENTAL. Not to say I'm being ungrateful or anything, they took good care of me on reflection. But there comes a point when the novelties of eccentricity wear off and you start doubting whether you'll actually make it out of this place alive.

More than anything though, the whole getting an infection kinda put a downer on my 'bring it on chemo ain't sheeeeit' attitude. Maybe I should just try harder when it comes to looking after myself, or maybe I have to drastically improve my living conditions (which, trust me, has its own issues). But I really didn't see something like this happening so damn early on. I'm not even neutropenic yet. God forbid I get a bug when I am at that stage because I might actually die.

I despair.

But then if you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill said that one time to someone apparently. A bit apt, it seems.

And I won't die, don't worry.

Bitesize blog this week. I used to watch those bitesize revision things for foundation maths when I was at school. But that's because I was crap at maths. I only got a C. C for crap. I know my times table though.

Big love.

Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment