Wednesday 8 June 2011

Good night, sweet prince.

Old Whitey officially retires today. New macbook comes in, old one gets thrown into the second drawer down never to be seen again and the wheel keeps turning. The circle of life I'm afraid. And although I'm beyond excited to be getting my chubby little hands on a brand spanking new laptop that's gonna kick some serious backside, I ask you spare a thought if you would for my ridiculously reliable macbook that has served me so well for five years now. Five years! They don't make laptops like they used to anymore. Well, Windows don't at least. They never did.

Now all I have to do is come up with a name for my latest acquisition. New metal? 'Cause it's new. And made of metal. TOO CLEVER. I'll add it to the 'maybe' list.

Not much else to talk about really. I've been spending the last two weeks going back and forth to London and I've had an awesome time of it. A couple of weekends ago was spent having barbeques in the rain and drinking in gypsy bars and glorified cesspits. We all loved it mind you. Then last weekend we took our custom to the slightly-more-but-not-by-much civilised Big Red in Holloway and had one almighty piss up. First time I've been drunk in months and I sure paid for it the next day, but it was worth it. It kinda reminded me of how things were before all this nonsense started. Not that we were all massive alcoholics, like. Everyone was just relaxed and having a bloody great time. It'll be a lifestyle I'll be returning to full time soon enough.

But before that comes THE TREATMENT CYCLE OF EVIL AND DOOM, which alarmingly starts in just one week's time. Oh snap. Next Thursday I'll be having both a bone marrow AND a lumbar puncture so obviously I can't wait for that to come around. I'll BYOB to that slammin' party, believe. Urgh. But oh well, what must be done will be done. Seven weeks from then I'll be all Ash Williams with the chainsaw, giving it large as I ride out of the hospital doors screaming WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.

At least for the next month I get to have a relatively normal set of hair. It's back, save for a little soul patch on the back of my head, and give it another week or two I reckon I could even style it. Ambitious, yes, and I'm even open to suggestions on how to make my baby hair as totally bodacious as possible. A fellow blogger with leukemia had hers styled in a sweet mohawk and it caught my admiration, so perhaps I'll do the same? Oh gosh it's exciting.

I'll leave it there. Off to collect the new laptop, so the next post... will look exactly the same. But if the hype is to be believed, come next time I'll have become a complete boss in video editing.

Big love,

Ryan.

1 comment:

  1. soul patches, ukuleles and mac books.

    Has the chemo turned you in to Ned Flanders' parents?

    ReplyDelete