Monday 11 July 2011

Blues of the world.

Oh to grasp life, and then to have it ripped away.

DRAMA. MERCILESS DRAMA. Pretty much sums my life up right now. Well ok, so it's not that dramatic. More a shock to the system than anything, what with the lethargy and apathy and anemia replacing the energetic splendor that I was experiencing on pretty much a daily basis for the past couple of months. The big bad chemo gang is back in town you see, and with me being the incompetent sheriff I'm struggling to find the effort to round up these outlaws and give them the royal bumming that they deserve.

What does that even mean?

On the plus side, I'm coping well. That basically means that (thus far) there is no negative as such and I can afford to be cautiously optimistic to the next six weeks or so. Anything can happen of course, such is chemotherapy, but so long as I look after myself this will be over soon enough.

Perhaps the biggest bummer of intense chemo that I'm going through right now is the vanity side of things. I've noticed that my face has begun swelling, all thanks to the contemptible dosage of steroids I'm taking, so I'm giving it about a week until I'll be fashioning a mug the size of the Millennium Dome. On top of this, I seem to be gradually putting on weight. "Get over it, you little princess!" I hear you shouting from the back. Well, perhaps, but it becomes troublesome when a) your clothes start becoming to small and b) you're on such a healthy diet you have no comprehension as to WHY IT IS HAPPENING. Unprecedented frustration.

Oh yeah, and the hair thing. You know how that works. That'll probably happen next week. NOOOOO.

Bitching aside though, I've had a decent couple of weeks since my last update. Devon was a hit, as expected. I got suitably wasted, somersaulted into a swimming pool and devoured my share of a pig roast and lamb. The journey home was an utter shambles but considering my record of stinking train rides it wasn't too bad I suppose. I'm thinking of taking an extended trip to Devon when this chemo is all finished. Maybe minus the excessive alcohol and lunacy this time though. I want to absorb the country life fo all it's glory this time; west country farmers can't get pissed up every night surely.

Speaking of lamb, I'm going to go eat some, thereby concluding the entry for today. If any of you lovely people would fancy visiting me any time soon, that would be bloody fantastic. Not that this is a desperate plea for friendship or anything, it's just in my current state I can't really go anywhere and obviously I'd love to see as many people as possible. So if you fancy a trip to the shire, come see me! I'll give you cake.

Big love,
Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment