Monday 3 October 2011

I need a saga! What's the saga?

Good day.

It's really quite astonishing how quickly time flies when you really aren't up to much. Getting down to the bare bones, this summer has been spent doing pretty much nothing, despite the fact that a lot has been going on. You'd think that the long and boring days of recovery would be... well, precisely that. Long and boring. Yet here I am slap bang in the middle of September (well, at the end really... I wrote this intro a while back, y'see (aha, now it's the beginning of October at time of posting. I really am just shit)) wondering where all the bloody time has gone. I fear that when I get to my forties and have my inevitable mid life crisis I'll be desperately shitting bricks over the anguish of not being able to recount entire years, let along weeks.

And keeping on the theme of time, it's been quite some time since I last spoke to you. Apologies for that. And apologies again for the rather morose entry of about a month ago. It was a tough time, but you'll be pleased to hear that since then things have taken a turn for the better in an almighty way. How great is that?

Very great.

Now, instead of piling everything into one jumbled mess of a narrative I thought I would divide it up a bit and offer you separate accounts of what's been going on this past month or so. It's more exciting for me that way and I get to pretentiously split it into 'acts' and even call it a saga. Aha! How many of you peons can refer to events in your own life as a god damn saga? Fuck all, I reckon! THAT'S RIGHT.

But yes. I digress. Over something that... isn't true.

So please do - if you will - give this a read. I'd hate to think I've gone to the terrible effort of trying to remember everything only to have nobody read it. Get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment