Wednesday 12 October 2011

Ryan in the afternoon.

A dark evening boars down on a wasteful afternoon, itself proceeded by an insignificant morning. Another day gone, another day forgotten. Such is the passing pattern of my life.

I have tried applying my mental prowess to various tasks throughout the day, you know. First off was trying to get my XBOX Live working, which was to no avail. I've come to the annoying conclusion that my industrial size Ethernet cable is royally buggered, caused probably from the teeth of an over enthusiastic puppy. Bitch. The next job was to try and find an iPhone plan that I could a) afford and b) actually gain some benefit for the betterment of my day to day routine as a mobile phone user. This ended even more disastrously than trying to fix the sodding games console. I can't afford an iPhone... probably. How do you all have one? WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR MONEY? ARE YOU ROBBING BANKS? TELL ME. After this total failure I tried introducing some degree of success into my day by cracking on with as marathon game of Civ 4, trying at last to do away with the pesky Aztecs and their empire that's annoyingly sitting where I want to expand. Turns out their military are hard as fuck and I got royally dicked on in my efforts to invade. Back to the drawing board.

Point is, despite trying to inject some kind of proactive initiative into my day I'm sitting here in my room unable to shake off the feeling that I've idly let it go by. Wasted. Forgotten. Completely insignificant.

So here's a vow - one that I truly hope to stick by. This October will mark the start of getting my life back on track. No more sitting about doing nothing because I have cancer. I will do something meaningful. Raise money for charity? Sounds great. Work placement? Why not? Write some nonsense in the hope it might be good? Cool! Exercise? Well... maybe. But I need routine or I might just go stir crazy, further solidifying my status as a hermit.

Take that as you will. But hopefully this blog will soon feature a lot more interesting snippets of daily life rather than boring accounts of my meaningless sojourns. Hope the first one's a cracker.

Big love,
Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment